You have only heard about SEO and SEM but still do not understand the concept and what is the difference? Here are some answers of FPT Skillking, please refer to it!
1. What is SEM?
SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing is a marketing process on search engines through two forms: free access (SEO) and paid transaction (PPC). You can understand SEM=SEO+PPC . In other words, SEM is the process of increasing website traffic by buying ads on search engines like Google.
As mentioned, SEO and PPC are separate sub-channels in SEM. PPC (Pay-Per-Click) is an advertising marketing model on the Internet, based on the available platform of Google Ads, you can build your ads to appear on the Top of Google’s search results. The cost of the campaign is calculated based on the number of times a customer clicks on your ad.
2. What is SEO?
SEO is the process of optimizing your website for the purpose of getting free traffic from search engines.
An optimized website is easier to understand by search engine crawlers and this increases the chances of ranking higher in SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). sword).
The role of SEO
A website that wants to reach and retain customers must be a friendly, easy-to-use, easy-to-interact website. Therefore, SEO still plays an important role in website construction and development:
- SEO does not stop at putting the website on the Top, but also the actual user experience of the usefulness of a website.
- According to surveys of SEO experts, more than 65% of users will click on the first 5 results that appear in the search results. Therefore, website SEO is necessary to bring your website to the top of search results and help you reach closer users.
- SEO helps your website to operate stably, the operations with users take place smoother. From there, increase competitive advantage compared to rival websites
3. What is the difference between SEO and SEM?
Both SEO and SEM are two processes that help a website increase its visibility on the top of search engines. And SEO and PPC are two small channels of SEM. The most obvious difference is that SEM is a paid advertising strategy and SEO is a non-paid strategy. If SEO is about optimizing websites to achieve higher rankings in search results, SEM includes SEO and other methods like PPC (Pay-Per-Click) to attract users from search engines. Paid search.
Commonly used SEM strategies:
- Advertising strategies target specific audiences such as geography, demographics, industry, etc.
- Leverage selected keywords to write relevant ads
- Create ad groups related to variations of your target keyword
- Set advertising campaign budgets
Meanwhile, SEO focuses on optimizing the website through On-page SEO and Off-page SEO. Help push the website’s rankings to a higher position in the results rankings naturally, without cost.
SEO and SEM increasingly assert their role in website construction and development. At the same time bring businesses closer to their potential customers. Through the last article, hopefully you have gained a lot of useful knowledge about SEM and SEO, and understood the difference between them.