Marketing and Advertising is becoming the pursuit of dynamic, creative young people who want to assert themselves and live well by their own ideas.
However, to distinguish two industries with many similarities in the nature of work will be a difficult calculation. The article on the difference between Advertising and Marketing will answer the questions of students related to the study program as well as the specific job position of each industry.
Definition of Marketing and Advertising
Marketing: Marketing is an organizational function and a set of processes for creating, communicating, and delivering value to customers, and for managing customer relationships in other ways. to bring benefits to the organization and its shareholders.
Advertising: Advertising is a paid or non-paid form of propaganda to introduce information about a product, service, company or idea, advertising is a non-direct communication activity between people. in which the person who wants to communicate must pay the media to bring information to persuade or influence the recipient of the information.
2. About activities
Marketing: Is the synthesis of the process of research, customer analysis, strategy building, planning, statistics, optimization, measurement,… on many different channels to ensure that the budget is profitable. worthy profit.
Advertising: Executing an active part of a Marketing campaign, helping to reach customers and turn them into buyers.
3. Courses in Advertising and Marketing
Program of study in Advertising and Marketing
With the Marketing major, learners will be equipped with specialized knowledge of specific industries such as: marketing management, sales management, consumer behavior, product strategy, pricing and distribution strategy, Marketing. International, Service Marketing, PR,…
4. About the job position:
Job position in the field of Advertising and Marketing
Position for graduates in Marketing:
- Research and teach about Marketing at centers and universities.
- Marketing specialist at businesses and organizations.
- Corporate branding and management specialist.
- Market research specialist.
Position for graduates in Advertising:
- The director produces commercials in the studios.
- Business advertising management.
- Specialist in advertising, marketing and communication at domestic and foreign companies.
- In charge of PR and communication for organizations and businesses.
- Teaching advertising at training institutions and schools.
- Design advertising for businesses.
Above are the basic differences between Marketing and Advertising. Due to the development of Digital technology affecting industries, sometimes the concepts are misunderstood as 1 but in fact their essence is completely different.